Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The End- Tristan 7-22-95/4-10-09

I lost my boy on April 10th 2009. It was one of the hardest days I can remember. I was hopeful after trying the new meds but as it turns out he had other problems. Tris developed cushing`s disease we believe and probably the pituitary kind. He became unsteady on his feet on the 7th and by the next day he was blind in one eye. The Dr`s felt it was a tumor. He fought a really good fight but by Thursday night he couldn`t stand any longer and even eating and drinking became difficult. Come Friday morning which was Good Friday by the way, it became apparent that he had aspirated some water. He became weaker and more uncomfortable during the day and I knew it was time. The Dr`s were kind enough to come by so he did not have to leave his own bed to make his final journey. He went to sleep for the last time at 7pm that evening and we took him to be cremated the next day. His ashes sit on my dresser next to his photos and some ever changing fresh flowers as a permanent tribute to a very special guy.

Thank You to all who wrote and followed Tris`s story. I hope that someone else was able to help their own dog after reading about the stem cell therapy...It would make me feel good to know that Tris played a part in that.

2 comments:

Dana Long said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I just wanted to Thank You for your blog, I found it very informative.

Alex said...

You ought to be a part of a contest for one of the finest websites on the internet. I most certainly will highly recommend this web site!
stem cell injections for knee pain