Wednesday, July 2, 2008

7-2-08 A GREAT day!!!!!

Tristan had a GREAT day today. His limp was gone again and he was feeling good. Good thing I had him on leash when I was making his breakfast or he would have been running down the hall at top speed!
For the first time in several years he took a short walk around what we call "the big yard". Years ago if you asked him if he wanted to go in the big yard he would get so excited but it became to much for him so he stayed in the smaller section of our property. Today when we went out I went over to the gate and opened it, he looked at me in disbelief as if to say "are you for real?". We took a nice slow walk once around the yard and back,he was even lifting his leg to mark everywhere when his whole life he has been a squatter, too funny!! He turned when we got back to the gate and actually wanted to go again but I told him this was a good start and under the recommended 10 minutes, maybe next week we would try more. I haven`t seen him that happy in years, it is truly amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathi~
I'm absolutely THRILLED for "Tristan" and what appears to be a GREAT SUCCESS story!!
THANK YOU for sharing his story and sending many many "good thoughts" to "Tristan"!!
HUGS~
Vicki