Monday, June 23, 2008

Answering a few questions

  1. Someone had asked how long the shots will last ?I don`t think they are really sure but I have read 9 months to a year maybe, I am sure it also depends on the dog...at that point we can use the cells that are banked to inject again.
  2. Will I continue to see improvement?..I think again it depends on the individual. I certainly hope he will continue to improve through out the whole recovery period. Some dogs see some immediate improvement and others are more gradual over the coarse of weeks.
  3. I was asked what supplements or medications Tris was on daily.
  • phenobarbital is the only prescription he is on- 2x per day for a seizure disorder
  • aspirin- 325 mg 2x per day
  • vitamin E 400 i.u. 1x per day
  • 750mg Shark cartilage 2x per day
  • Triple strength glucosamine/chondroitin complex 2x per day
  • multi vitamin 1x per day
  • fish oil concentrate 1000 mg 1x per day
  • host defense (mushroom complex) for immune strength 1 x per day
  • 1 1/2 tsp pet tinic liquid iron supplement 2 x per day

This is what Tris has been on for most of his life, it is by no means what I would recommend anyone else try without speaking with their vet, this is just what works for him.

No comments: