Wednesday, June 18, 2008



Tristan has pretty much slept all day, which is what he needed to do. He was able to go out on his own with a little assistance, was only slightly unsteady and ate 2 full meals. The incision line had a little bleeding after our first trip out but that is to be expected due to the location of the incision and has since stopped.

Not sure if you can see from the image but each incision looks to have about 5 stitches. I continued to use cold compresses 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off for most of the day to minimize any swelling.


The fat cells were packed in a special refridgerated box and I heard from the Doctor that they were picked up shortly after we left around 10:30am by Fed Ex and were on their way to California to be spun out before coming back to us on Friday morning. It`s been a long day so I will close for now...Tristan says have a good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kathi, This is certainly a wonderful opportunity for others to educate themselves on how this procedure might help one of their special babies one day. Thank you so much for your bravery in sharing all this information - I know it is time consuming to do all the posts and I'm sure there are some who will criticize but I am also very sure that this is the kind of information that one can't come by as a general rule. Thank you, again, for sharing this experience - I know it will make a difference in Tristan's life and I sincerely hope he can be pain free after this procedure is completed. I can't wait for the day that the video shows him walking without pain!! I'd also like to thank you for allowing me to share this with my list. JacquƩ